Hayward Vari-Flo XL multiport control valve, made of our exclusive PermaGlass XL™ material and engineered for maximum flow at lower pressure drops will be the choice in multiport valves. It will retrofit any filter that has an valve that needs replacement and upgrading.
All Vari-Flo control valves feature an easy-to-use lever action handle that lets you "dial" up to six valve/filter functions: filter, backwash, waste, rinse, closed or recirculate. Complete with an integral sight glass that lets you see when the backwashing cycle is completed, our wide selection of valve configurations allows you to match the right Vari-Flo valve to the proper application; residential, commercial, top-mount or side mount.
Vari-Flo Control Valve Functions
- Filter - For normal filtering and regular vacuuming
- Backwash - For cleaning filter sand bed of accumulated debris
- Rinse - Use after completing backwash cycle to ensure all dirty water is rinsed out of the filter to waste
- Waste - By-passes the filter for draining or lowering pool water level and for vacuuming heavy debris directly to waste line.
- Recirculate - Water is recirculated through the valve by-passing the filter
- Closed - Shuts off the flow from the pump to the filter